Augmented reality’s (AR’s) ability to link our digital and physical worlds is transforming the way brands engage with consumers on social media.Digital titans Snapchat and Facebook are monetizing consumers’ love for AR with ads and branded experiences, opening the door for brands to use a new means of creativity and immersive storytelling to reach consumers in a way they appreciate and respond to.
While the use of AR in social media is still in early stages, the immersive technology is already becoming impossible for brands to ignore. This fun, memorable, and convenient way to merge a brand into consumers’ lives is catalyzing the way brands escalate converted sales, drive consumer engagement, and lift brand awareness.
With AR ads expected to generate over $13 billion in revenue by 2022, and, as a result, account for over 12% of all mobile ad revenue by that year, it’s crucial brands map out their AR strategies now to secure an early-mover advantage.
In the AR in Social Media Report, Business Insider Intelligence dives into the growing social media AR ecosystem; explores why brands should integrate AR into their ads and branded experiences; outlines how brands are benefiting from embracing this new, immersive form of content delivery; and probes what’s ahead for the space.
The companies mentioned in this report are: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Snapchat, and WhatsApp.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- The number of mobile AR users is expected to have grown 100% year-over-year (YoY) in 2018 to pass 1 billion, and social media is quickly becoming consumers’ go-to channel for mobile AR experiences.
- Consumers’ viral acceptance of AR in social media underscores why brands need to embrace the technology to enhance their social strategies, and it’s already proving to be an effective channel for engaging consumers and expanding their reach.
- There are three clear goals brands are striving to achieve when implementing AR in their social media strategies: escalate converted sales and downloads, drive consumer engagement, and lift brand awareness.
- Additionally, there are numerous indications that the technology will improve in the near future, which will play a chief role in driving brands’ AR usage within social media.
In full, the report:
- Sizes mobile AR adoption in social media and identifies the factors driving uptake among both consumers and brands.
- Details how brands stand to benefit from leveraging AR in social media and offers an inside look into how it has played a role in helping brands achieve their goals.
- Provides an overview of a trends that will heighten the social media AR experience and supercharge the opportunity for brands in the years to come.
Interested in getting the full report? Here’s how to get access:
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Join thousands of top companies worldwide who trust Business Insider Intelligence for their competitive research needs. >> Inquire About Our Enterprise Memberships
- Current subscribers can read the report here.